Our accounting department is expanding. We are looking for an experienced Payroll Accountant to work with our team located at our headquarters in Hayward, California. Please submit a cover letter answering the 4 questions listed below and resume.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS / RESPONSIBILITIES: Key Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Payroll data entry specialist. Timesheet retrieval, process biweekly and special payrolls as required working closely with ADP payroll representative.
- Determine cash requirement for biweekly payroll.
- Submit 401k via Nationwide portal.
- Payroll biweekly and month end accrual journal entries.
- Monitors & maintain vacation, sick and bonus balances and accruals.
- Prepares employee hourly standard cost calculations & other payroll/staffing reports.
- Supporting accounting & office duties as needed.
MANAGERIAL RESPONSIBILITIES: No direct reports
EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS & EXPERIENCE: BS in Accounting or 5 years of experience in related work.
REQUIRED SKILLS / QUALIFICATIONS: Payroll entry experience – ADP Total Source preferred. Comfortable with MS Outlook, Word Excel. Experience with Quickbooks and BillQuick preferred. Occasional overtime or flexible schedule as needed by the company.
Must be willing to perform miscellaneous tasks as requested to assist other members of the team.
- Ability to organize and prioritize
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Good judgment
- Excellent communication skills
- Information management skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Comfortable working with all levels
PHYSCIAL REQUIREMENTS: Extended periods of sitting
TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS: None
Apply through our website as instructed. Please answer the following questions in your cover letter:
- Do you have experience processing payroll?
- Do you have experience entering journal entries?
- Are you comfortable with working independently and with a minimum level of supervision?
- Are you able to commute to Hayward, CA 2-3 days per week?