Pharmatech Associates is a well-established, global consulting firm known for deploying technically superior, highly dedicated, professional project teams. Our Pharmaceutical, Biotech and Medical Device clients are located throughout the USA and Internationally.
We are looking for a Director of Business Development to join our consulting team and provide market leadership, develop and execute science based clinical and regulatory solutions for the Life Science industry. This is a salaried position with bonus and benefits, full-time staff position. This person will be responsible for adding to the current overall corporate sales through individual effort, sales program development and supporting the current Pharmatech leadership responsible for sales
Success will be measured through a combination of the following:
- Follow-up on inbound marketing leads and identify qualified opportunities providing appropriate levels of information at the right time for interested prospects
- Be responsible for educating and developing prospects leading to hand-off to appropriate sphere Subject Matter Experts
- Develop a sales and business development process and function within Pharmatech which is scalable as the company grows
- Gather regular market intelligence which will be used to create a target prospects lists and penetrate key accounts. Intelligence gathering will involve a few activities, including scanning industry press releases, trade magazines, and economic data produced by the government to find out about trends and what Pharmatech’s competition is doing.
- Profile strategic accounts identifying key individuals, researching, and obtaining business requirements and presenting solutions to start the sales cycle
- Set appointments for the Pharmatech sales team when a lead reaches a qualified stage
- Nurture new marketing leads by educating and developing prospects until they are ready to speak with a Pharmatech sales representative
- Drive attendance for webinars and live seminars, set meetings for conferences
- Ensure successful follow through of sales cycle by maintaining accurate activity and lead qualification information in CRM application
- Establishing a budget for business development which can be used to drive sales and strategic growth.
- Establish key performance indicators (KPIs) for sales and business development. Possible KPIs include: Total Monthly sales, Sales Dollars/Client, sales Dollars/new Client, Sales Dollars/ Existing Client, Sales Dollars/ Service Area
- Support and contribute to all marketing and branding development activities
- Realize a year over year growth of $3MM with a four-year objective of $12-15MM in total annual sales
- Strong understanding of the basic activities for drug development for the US and EU.
- Familiar with the basic concepts and activities of the core services provided by Pharmatech as it relates to each sphere in the ecosystem
- Solid understanding of the dynamic market pressures in the US and major global markets for API, pharmaceutical, biologic, gene therapy and medical device, and combination products
- Be an active member of other sphere projects to assist in supporting internal and external sales activities
- Consult and advise where needed and when requested, to support all client engagements within the company.
- The Director of Business Development must be capable of working across all functions of a client’s C-Suite and with their Board of Directors.
- Identify and target markets with the highest growth potential that align with Pharmatech’s overall service capabilities and develop sales plans that deliver successful engagements with strong revenues.
- Develop annual financial targets and budgets that will deliver growth along with acceptable levels of revenue and GM to support the company.
- Actively champion Pharmatech’s culture: internalizing, understanding, and demonstrating the 7 key attributes of our culture in a continuous manner.
- This position has full authority and responsibility for maintaining a strong and respectful relationship with all key stake holders within the client account.
- Master’s Degree preferred or Bachelor with a scientific or engineering-related major is required.
- Strong leadership skills with at least 10 years of demonstrated leadership and experience in sales development or business development, preferably with experience running a successful and profitable-related consulting or services practice.
- Demonstrated expertise in digital and virtual sales and business development
- Demonstrated success in prospecting
- Previous experience establishing and administering an effective Business Development/Sales Development processes and systems
- Extremely self-motivated with a diligent work ethic
- High level of integrity and strong commitment to building a successful company
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team in a fast-paced environment
- Outstanding management skills and demonstrated leadership capabilities with a proven ability to work cross-functionally within client organizations.
- Able to effectively communicate to various audiences, including C-level and BOD level client personnel. Exceptionally strong written and oral communications is a must.
- Strong relationship management skills
- Capable to travel and work remotely at client sites throughout the United States and internationally.
What you’ll like most about working with our team at Pharmatech Associates:
- Everyone at Pharmatech Associates contributes to the success of our projects, departments and company. Your input will not only be heard; it will be encouraged and valued.
- We are consultants, and you will move from project to project. You will have endless opportunities to learn and grow your career.
- Your coworkers are a group of highly intelligent and motivated employees. There will always be someone in-house that has done the job you were hired to do, and you will be able to learn from them.
- We take great pride in offering our employees the best benefits and competitive compensation packages in our industry, plus performance-based bonus incentives.
- Fantastic co-workers and no internal politics! A culture that thrives on true collaboration.
About Pharmatech Associates
At Pharmatech Associates, our mission is to fulfill customer expectations throughout the development and execution of tailored, high value, innovation solutions. We are committed to fostering an environment that is professional and forth right. These principles are captured in the values we believe are essential to maintaining our supportive culture and our commitment to our clients’ success. We seek to establish an atmosphere of openness, objectivity, accountability, mutual respect and teamwork so each employee can realize their fullest potential for personal and professional growth. We value work life balance. At Pharmatech talent matters, and we tackle each project with a “no fear” attitude. We stand together as a team, and we’ve got your back. Pharmatech’s commitment to integrity is unwavering.
Pharmatech Associates, Inc. provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.
Apply: Please send your resume to email@example.com